Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude Layout

Nicole's release this week is called Gratitude...quite fitting for this week, huh? It is a really pretty kit that Sarah helped create. She came up with the ideas & told Nicole & she created the kit. Pretty neat way to do a colab kit! Here's the layout I made:
This is from the hospital when Alexa was born. It was the first time I tried a black & white with selective coloring. I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on it, so it isn't quite how I'd like it. I want it to have more of a sepia tone, so I'll have to play with it a little more.

Next Monday starts the blog train I joined for the Holiday season. Be sure to check back on December 1st for the huge list of participants. Each will have a freebie for you...they are encouraging people to go off the color palette so there is some variety since there are over 60 participants! That's a lot of freebies!!! LOL!

I also participated & completed my first Speed Scrap Layout. I say completed because I started to do 3 different ones before that, but life got in the way here & I didn't get them posted in time. What's a Speed Scrap? It is when you go to a chat room & you get instructions how how to create a layout. There are usually 7 steps given over an hour & then you get about an hour after that to complete it & get it posted in that site's gallery. All this while you're chatting away! It was a lot of fun & it shows you how quickly you can complete a layout when you don't stop to think too much!! Here is the one I completed:I used Nicole's Chloe & Celebrate kits for this.
Here are the instructions we received:1. (9:00) You can use as many (or as few) photos as you’d like, but one of them has to be a circle.
2. (9:10) Pick three pieces of paper for your background—one needs to have a print. Use as many other papers in your LO as you’d like.
3. (9:20) Choose 2 different elements and duplicate each one at least 3 times.
4. (9:30) Make a cluster around your circle photo.
5. (9:40) Add 3 ribbons, ric rac, and/or lace to your LO—in addition to your other elements from step #3.
6. (9:50) Title your layout with 3 words.
7. (10:00) Date your LO and upload it to the gallery. You have until 11:15 (EST). Can’t wait to see what you’ve done.

This is the one I didn't finish...well it's done, but I didn't get it posted in time since I had to pick Cyndi up from work :o( I used the Chloe kit again. I really like the colors in that kit! LOL!These are the instructions for this one:
1. Pick one photo and crop it into a square shape or use a square(ish) clipping mask.
2. Use both solid and patterned paper in your layout; you can pick how many!
3. Blend an embellishment into the background, using ‘overlay’ or ‘soft light’ blending mode. If your program doesn’t have blending modes, you can just reduce the opacity.
4. Make sure there is something repeated in your layout. It can be a shape, text or an embellishment, as long as it’s there at least twice!
5. Use stitching on your layout.
6. Give your page a single word title and make it stand out!
7. Add at least 2 lines of journaling.

The next one is Tuesday, Nov 25 at 12 noon est at Scrapmatters. There is also one on Friday, Nov. 28 at 10 pm est. They try to have one daytime & 1 night time per week, so if you can't make either of these, stop in to see when the next one will be!

No comments: