Monday, February 16, 2009

Lots of Great New Stuff!!

I have been slacking in posting this past week!! Sorry!! Digi-Designs by Nicole has lots of great stuff happening!!! She's released her first kit that was released only in her store. It's called Sweet Love and is available for $2.50 this week!!! It is such a great kit and can be used for much more than for love & Valentine's Day LOs. Here is my layout and below that is the preview of the kit. Click on the kit to go to the store!!

Just for the record...YES! That's my dad!! He is the greatest, yet GOOFIEST, dad in the world!! Somehow he & my mom roped my husband and my brother-in-law to also dress up in this crazy outfit!!! They gave my sister & I an 8x10 of them for Valentine's Day a few years ago!! Too funny!!

Nicole has also released a new freebie kit this week (boy is she busy!!!) It's another collab kit, this time with Vicki from A Work in Progress and it is called Sweet Flora. Be sure to visit BOTH blogs each day this week to get all the pieces!!! It is awesome!!! Here is my layout followed by each preview. Like always, click on the preview to go to get your freebies!!! Be sure to leave some love, too!!!






Lastly, I hosted my first ever speed scrap last week! It was actually a lot of fun & the participants made some AWESOME layouts from my instructions. I used Just for You Digi Scraps kit "Heart Attack" for my layout. I've put the instructions below the layout.
#1 Choose an odd number of photos. If you do more than 1, make 1 of them larger than the others.
#2 Pick out an even number of papers. only ONE may be a print!!! (textures as long as they aren't really patterned can count as a solid!)
#3 Alter 1 photo in some way. You can remove the color(make it B&W, sepia, etc), extract, recolor, use an action...anything you want.
#4 Frame 1 photo in some way. You can use a frame, ribbon, paper, buttons...get creative if you'd like!!
#5 OK...I know it's early, but you need some math skills LOL! Divide the # of papers by 2 and you must use 2 each of at least 2 elements. For example, I used 4 papers, so I used 2 paper strips, 2 glitter swirls & 2 pins. Clear as mud?!?!
#6 Title your page using one word and one word only!!! It can be a word art, font or alpha.
#7 Date and journal if you would like. Extra Challenge~do something creative with the date


Try it for yourself!!! It really is fun to have direction when you're stuck for a layout!! You can check out all the great layouts in the gallery at Digi-Designs by Nicole Forum Just look under Speed Scraps and then check out the rest of the great things everyone has been creating!!!

No comments: