Here's my layout from the Speed Scrap last night...boy was it tough!! (For me, anyway!!) Here are the instructions:
1. CHOOSE 2 PAPERS THAT ARE THE SAME COLOR AND STACK THEM ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. PATTERNS ARE FINE, AS LONG AS THEY ARE WITHIN THE SAME COLOR FAMILY.
2. CHOOSE 1 PHOTO, ALTER THE COLOR TO MAKE IT “MATCH” YOUR PAPERS SOMEWHAT, AND FRAME IT IN A CIRCLE WITH BLACK, WHITE OR BOTH.
3. MAKE A CLUSTER HOWEVER YOU LIKE. TRY TO INCLUDE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING: BUTTONS, RIBBONS, HEARTS, FLOWERS, LEAVES. THERE’S JUST ONE CATCH: FIND THE COLOR – OR THE CLOSEST MATCH – OF YOUR PAPERS ON THIS COLOR WHEEL. AT LEAST HALF OF YOUR ELEMENTS NEED TO BE A CONTRASTING COLOR TO YOUR PAPERS – NO FEWER THAN 4 SPOTS AWAY ON THE WHEEL. EVERYTHING ELSE SHOULD BE NEUTRAL – BLACK, WHITE, OR BROWN.
4. PLAY UP THOSE SHADOWS! LET’S REALLY SEE THOSE ELEMENTS POP OFF THE PAGE!
5. CREATE A ONE-WORD TITLE WITH AN ALPHA AND “ATTACH” IT TO YOUR PAGE. FOR BONUS POINTS, USE SOMETHING FROM YOUR CLUSTER TO CREATE A CONNECTION WITH YOUR TITLE - LET IT ALL RELATE TOGETHER..
6. REPEAT YOUR TITLE AS MANY TIMES ON YOUR PAGE AS YOU THINK LOOKS GOOD. USE A FONT THIS TIME.
7. HIDE YOUR DATE SOMEWHERE WITHIN YOUR CLUSTER.
Here is my layout using a photo of Tommy, Cyndi & Austin from our production of Disney's High School Musical in May, 2007. They are pictured with one of the directors, who happens to be the director from when my sister & I were involved YEARS ago as well as our teacher in 12th grade!! How things come full circle!! I used That Jazz by Digi-Designs by Nicole & you can get it here.